Shamayita Jeevan Surya
In 1986, this clinic began as a smaller unit of Shamayita Math’s charitable initiatives. Driven by a motivation to serve the society, the clinic began with homeopathic care and treatment. Homeopathy medicinal care was extended to the destitute people in the area.
The health Centre operated camps in the villages and distributed medicines free to the needy and destitute population. A large number of renowned doctors including surgeons dedicated their services, participating in village level camps for reaching the health services to the poor and destitute that lacked resources and access to the health institutions in the area. The allopathic section was included in the health care services.
Gradually, the poor people were drawn to the services of the clinic and they began visiting the clinic for accessing health services. It was observed that the hospital campus needs to be extended to manage the influx of population who visited the Health Centre to receive treatment and medicines. The Health Centre campus was extended in 2001 with eight rooms and a registration counter. This was inclusive of a drug section, X ray room, two rooms for doctors and a operation hall for the purpose of conducting eye surgical operations in the coming period.
In the month of November2008, the eye operation theatre began functioning. The aged patients particularly the women, who lived a blind life for lack of money and time for cataract operations are benefiting from the cataract operations.
In 2010 Jeevan Surya has undergone a second renovation and expansion including the surgery unit and wards with 20 beds.
In 2011, our indoor unit started functioning. In the same year, General OT also started functioning & we got accrediated to Rastriya Swasth Bima Yojna
- In 2012, ENT Microscope was installed & ENT operation started
- In 2013 Dental department was started
- In 2014, Phaco Emalfication machine installed & eye surgery started with Phaco machine
- In 2015, C Arm machine installed & X-Ray machine was converted to Digital X-Ray
- In 2016, Laproscope machine installed, Micro-surgeries like Gall Bladder stone, Appendicitis is going to start very soon
- In 2016 two modern pathology instruments-Hematology analyzer & ESR analyzer are also installed in the Pathology Laboratory
Installation of C-ARM made possible orthopaedic operations like both bone fracture, neck femur fracture, trokentary fracture, DHS, CHS, hemi-orthoplasty etc have started